At Shelby Dental Care Center, we are firm believers that Prevention is Key! Brushing twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and flossing daily, in conjunction with regular professional cleaning appointments with the Shelby Dental Care Center dental team is the best way to ensure healthy teeth and gums that last a lifetime. A simple six-month check-up can mean huge savings by preventing expensive procedures down the line.
What You Can Do:
As they say, the best offense is a good defense. The best way to ensure a healthy mouth is to take proper steps at home.
- Brush two times twice daily (2×2 per day!)
- Floss- use a c-shape motion to get in the space between your gums and teeth
- Mouthwash- helps to kill bacteria that live between your teeth and gums.
In order to prevent unwanted mouth conditions, make sure to schedule and keep your six-month checkups. If you are diagnosed with a condition such as periodontal disease, these cleaning may be more frequent to keep the condition(s) at bay.
What To Expect at Your Appointment:
- Cleaning- a thorough cleaning of your teeth and gums that helps to prevent bad breath, tooth decay, and gum disease
- X-rays- X-rays allow us to see the roots and other areas beyond the gum line, thus helping diagnose any condition
- Full Examination- before, during, and after cleanings, your hygienist will assess your mouth and make note of any conditions that may be present.
- Visit with the Dentist- your dentist will examine your x-rays as well as the hygienist’s recommendations to formulate a plan specific to you and your mouth needs.